Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Hello again to all my friends,

I haven't blogged in basically forever. There are two reasons for this. A: I haven't had any blog post ideas. B: Absolutely nothing has changed in my life in the weeks since my last post. And that includes still being homeless for fall/winter. I thought I had a place. I was so glad to be done with my housing search. And then the complex owners sold it out from under me. It was a lovely mess.

That said, I thought I'd make a post, despite the fact that I don't know what to put on it.

I did wake up with a very interesting image in my head this morning.


Bursts of flame followed each step he took. One wrong step, one slight hesitation, and he’d be toast. Very literally. He’d have laughed at his little joke, but the belly of a volcano was no place for such things.

Bare feet flying, he leapt nimbly from stone to stone, leaving each one just as it sank away into the magma. There would be no turning back.


I thought that was rather intriguing. I mean, it's the opening scene, and we see this guy sprinting full out through a volcano. Barefoot.

Why is he in a volcano? And why the heck is he barefoot? Seriously?

I don't know the answer. But I very much intend to find out.

1 comment:

Simkins said...

I am so happy that you wrote something else, I enjoy your posts. I also understand writer's block, I get it all the time. I also am excited to hear why he is barefoot in a volcano.