Monday, November 28, 2011

Vote for Me!

I need a favor.

I entered a picture book into a contest. The winner of the contest gets a publishing contract. I realize my chances are slim. I'm just one out of 398, but there is a way that you can help.

You can vote for me.

All the manuscripts in the contest are posted on the website (link to come at the end), and the winners are determined by who gets the most "likes".

Yes, I also realize that this is more of a popularity contest than a talent thing. The good part about that is that the staff who runs the contest are also going to pick their favorites to go on to the final round. But I digress.

I really do hope to get a lot of votes by having my story stand on its own merits, but it can't do that if no one knows it's there. So spread the word, my friends! Share this link. Read it. Like it (if indeed you do like it.)

I haven't read them all. There are quite a lot. But the ones I have read, so far, are not very quality. Misspellings, never-ending sentences, premises that don't even make sense. This gives me hope. But it's not enough. Because even the bad writers have loyal friends and family.

So, as strange a request as this may sound, please shout my praises to all the world.

Thank you.



No comments: