Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sheer Boredom = Utterly Random

Out of complete, utter, sheer, un-ending boredom, I decided to turn on my "Car music" shuffle on my ipod, which pretty much only excludes instrumental soundtracks and Phantom of the Opera.
I took Phantom out because it played RELENTLESSLY. Seriously, I think my ipod had an unhealthy addiction.

I have to say, Gerard Butler was not NEARLY ugly enough to be an effective Phantom. He was supposed to be horribly disfigured and hideous. They kinda failed on both of those accounts.

Anyway, I decided to record the songs that came on, in order, just because I can. Here's what I am jamming to in my empty apartment:

I Need You - LeAnn Rimes
It's Hip to be Square - Huey Lewis and the News
No Man's Land - Billy Joel
Now When the Rain Falls - Scarlet Pimpernel (Linda Eder)
House - Elton John
I Know Things Now - Into the Woods (Danielle Ferland)
Lost in this Moment - Big & Rich
Oh, The Thinks You Can Think - Seussical
Summer - Our Dilemma
So This is Love - Cinderella (Irene Woods)
Storms in Africa - Enya
We're Off to See the Wizard - Wizard of Oz
Let's Get Together - Parent Trap (Hayley Mills)
Lucy Meets Mr. Tumnus - Narnia (apparently not all my instrumental soundtracks are excluded)
As Coroner, I must Aver - Wizard of Oz
My Blanket and Me - Charlie Brown
Tell it Like it is - Heart
Learn to Love - Bon Jovi
Try - Hayden Panettiere
Before He Cheats - Carrie Underwood
World of My Own - Alice and Wonderland (the old one)
For You Blue - Beatles
Journey to the Past - Anastasia (Liz Callaway)
If This is it - Huey Lewis and the News
Crazy 8's - Mae
Respect - Aretha Franklin
I'm Wishing - Snow White (wow.)
Blue Suede Shoes - Elvis
The Age of Not Believing - Bedknobs and Broomsticks (Angela Lansbury)
The Prince is Giving a Ball - Cinderella (Jason Alexander)
Ridin the Storm Out - REO Speedwagon
I Want it That Way - Backstreet Boys
The Kite - Charlie Brown
Pink Elephants - Dumbo
I Told You So - Carrie Underwood
Jig - Little Mermaid
I Love You - Martina McBride
I Hope You Dance - LeeAnn Womack
Wheel in the Sky - Journey
Marguerite - Scarlet Pimpernel
Defying Gravity - Wicked
I Can Hear the Bells - Hairspray
Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite - Beatles
Steamroller Blues - Elvis
Born to Hand-Jive - Grease
Time Dragon Clock - Wicked
Nine Lives - Aerosmith
Freefalling - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
Oo-de-lally - Robin Hood
Any Way You Want It - Journey
This Man is Mine - Heart
My Elusive Drug - Elton John
Another Layer - John McLaughlin
Just Walk Away - Kelly Clarkson
Echo - Our Dilemma
Another One Bites the Dust - Queen
Optimistic Voices - Wizard of Oz (Yeah, that's really what the song is called)
We Weren't Born to Follow - Bon Jovi
I Learned From You - Miley Cyrus
Hindi Sad Diamonds - Moulin Rouge
Unforgettable Fire - U2
There are Worse Things I Could Do - Grease (hahaha)
Team - Charlie Brown
Bare Necessities - Jungle Book
Paint the Sky With Stars - Enya
Bows - Charlie Brown
Magic Dance - David Bowie (YES!)
Rock and Roll Music - Beach Boys
Faithful - Paul Cardall
I'm Gonna Always Love You - Muppets
Follow Me - Uncle Kracker
I Wonder - Sleeping Beauty (Mary Costa)
The Song That Goes Like This - Spamalot
I Just Can't Live a Lie - Carrie Underwood
Mine All Mine - Shedaisy

Well, that's 75. I figure that's plenty for now. It seemed quite Soundtrack/Broadway heavy today. Well, maybe not too bad, but more than usual. There were 36 of the 75 that were either from a Musical or a movie soundtrack. There were 3 Carrie Underwood too, which is a lot for being out of 1,629 song choices.

Sometimes my Ipod likes themes. Like making Phantom every other song. Seriously, that was weird. I guess it's making up for it today by picking songs from loads of other Musicals.

Ah, now Reba is on. I like Reba. She's awesome. Is it weird that I refer to so many people by first name? Like 'Oh, Alan. You rock'. (Rickman) Or 'Yay, it's Billy!' (Joel) Ah, Well.
Wow, three Reba Songs in a row. I think we know JoJo's next kick.

JoJo is my Ipod's name. Oh, make that four.






No comments: