Sunday, June 5, 2011

I'm a Brainist.

I always considered myself a pretty non-judgmental person.

I seriously don’t care what brand your clothes are or where you bought them.

I honestly don’t care if your family is famous or has a load of money.

And I really don’t care if you’re super good at sports and stuff.

But I realized, partly last night, and mostly today, that I’m a big fat liar. I still don’t care about those things, but there are other things that I’m really judgmental about. Namely intelligence. When someone doesn’t understand something that seems extremely simple, I automatically write them off as lower quality.

And really, who am I to do that? So maybe I’m pretty good at understanding science, or memorizing things. There’s a lot of stuff I’m terrible at too. Like finance. Taxes and all those CPA terms make me feel like a complete moron.

Being severely impatient when people don’t understand things isn’t very non-judgmental.

So, to everyone, if I’ve ever been rude or mean, or just made you feel like an idiot because I treated you like one, or even if you never knew that I thought you were a dunce cap, I’m sorry.

1 comment:

Brianne said...

I'm totally judgmental that way... but I've gotten much better at it. But this is why I'm worried about "what will happen if I have a stupid kid?"