Thursday, September 8, 2011

Everybody Dance Now

Yes, I was just listening to that song. And totally looking absurd whilst jamming to it.

Afterward I watched some videos of Michael Jackson dancing, all the while wondering if he even had bones.

And I was just thinking about stuff. You know, dancing. And wishing I could do it. And I decided to make a goal for myself. It probably doesn't seem like much of a goal. Feel free to judge me.

My goal: To at least once in my life be able to dance in front of people.

We're not talking well. And we're not talking a lot of people. 5 or 6 would do. The point is just to be able to.

I can't really explain it. But I've tried a lot of times. I go to ward/stake dances specifically intending to actually dance at them. Every time I move to a new place, I try to make a new start. These people don't know me. I have a chance to be my real, absolutely crackpot self with them.

But I can't.

Not I'm scared to. I actually can't. My feet and my arms won't let me. And I don't get why. It's not like anyone else who dances at these things actually looks good. But I can't do it.

And then I look even dumber, because I'm that weird, obnoxious one that actually cares.

I hate it. But it's not something I've figured out how to fix.

So yeah. That's my goal.

In the mean time, enjoy the first ever moonwalk. (It's toward the end.)

No comments: