Friday, February 3, 2012

McNuggets or Jack the Ripper?

I just saw this pic on Facebook.





I don't listen to the radio, so I haven't heard any of these commercials, but if this is true, then Micky D's just lost any semblance of respect I had for them. (Which honestly wasn't much to begin with. The only thing that's good there is their breakfast.)

A) Pit bulls are only psychotic man-killers when their owners raise them to be that way. I actually had a really sweet one follow me around an entire neighborhood once, just wanting to play with us. And I'm not usually a fan of being followed by strange dogs. But he was cute and nice.

B) Even if all pit bulls were insane monsters, it's not good marketing. Are they really that uncertain about the safety of their food?

It's like saying "Eating our nuggets is safer than getting pursued by Jack the Ripper." It really ought to be a given, so if you're having to advertise it just to make sure... well, no more mcnuggets for me.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoever made that picture got the wrong message. McDonald's is saying that eating their mcnuggets is less risky than as safe of an activity as petting a pit bull. This is to say that eating their food is about as safe as you can get.

Sra said...

Eh, whatever. I don't really care about the intended meaning. The point is that It's still really poor marketing, and I love an excuse to make fun of stuff I don't like anyway.

I dunno, I thought I was pretty funny.

Sra said...

Eh, whatever. I don't really care about the intended meaning. The point is that It's still really poor marketing, and I love an excuse to make fun of stuff I don't like anyway.

I dunno, I thought I was pretty funny.