Thursday, March 15, 2012

Psychoanalyze My Dreams Part 2

At work, we came up with a few interesting conjectures. Considering all of those commonalities, we basically narrowed it all down to one question. 


Do all of these dreams mean that I have a superiority complex, or that I feel so helpless and un-appreciated that I make up for it in my dreams?

I really think that it could go either way. Because I am always the hero. I am always the saving grace. The too-good-to-be-true super human.

And sometimes in real life I do judge people too harshly. I don't trust the intelligence of the average human very much at all.

So is that how I subconsciously see myself? Do I really, deep down, feel like I'm better than everyone else?

At the same time, I'm never arrogant or boasting in my dreams either. I just do what needs to be done without any kind of emotional attachment to the ordeal at all. Maybe I just dream that way because that's how I want to be.

After all, this has sort of become my official theme song for the past month or two.



Anyway, I don't know which it is. But those are the two choices we narrowed it to.

Then again, maybe it's neither. Maybe I just read too much.

For your further enlightenment


Dreammoods.com says this:

To see or dream that you are a zombie suggests that you are physically and/or emotionally detached from people and situations that are currently surrounding you. You are feeling out of touch. Alternatively, a zombie means that you are feeling dead inside. You are just going through the motions of daily living. 

That's never happened to me, though I have dreamed that people I know in real life have been zombified.

To dream that you are attacked by zombies indicate that you are feeling overwhelmed by forces beyond your control. You are under tremendous stress in your waking life. Alternatively, the dream represents your fears of being helpless and overpowered.
I don't think that's quite right either. I'm pretty sure that working 27 hours a week at a library isn't the most stressful life ever. 

To dream that you have committed a murder indicates that you are putting an end to an old habit and a former way of thinking. This could also refer to an end to an addiction. Alternatively, the dream indicates that you have some repressed aggression or rage at yourself or at someone. Note also that dreams of murder occur frequently during periods of depression.

To dream that you witness a murder indicates deep-seated anger towards somebody. Consider how the victim represents aspects of yourself that you want to destroy or eliminate.
To dream that you are murdered suggests that some important and significant relationship has been severed. You are trying to disconnect yourself from your emotions. The dream may also be about your unused talents.

Well, that was useless. None of it talks about being the detective who solves the murders.

Lame. It doesn't have Vespas or Daleks in there. Or the Tardis. Or Han Solo. The more I look at this website, the more I'm convinced that my dreams don't have an interpretation. They're just adventures.
Hero

To dream that you are a hero signifies your inner strength and weaknesses. The dream refers to your ability, determination and level of confidence. You have the power to bravely face the secrets of your unconscious and confront life's challenges. 


Interesting...

To dream that you are levitating suggests that you are holding on to far-fetched and outlandish ideas. You need to be more realistic. 


Hehehe 

Alright, that's enough for now. Lata.

No comments: