Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Random...uh...things

Funny how watching endless hours of cartoons can result in learning valuable life lessons.

So, you know those things that you know, but you don't really *know* them until they hit you one day? And even after you *know* them you just go back to regular knowing them for a while until they hit you again...

Yeah, that happened. Brought on by a show with ridiculous pre-teen drama, no less. Go figure.

What was the thing, you ask?

Oh, same old. The not fitting in and hating it but having to deal with it because change is so NOT going to happen thing.

I was watching "All grown up." The Rugrats offshoot. Dil is such a freakazoid. I keep not being able to get over how... weird he is. The kid talks to aliens, wears a beanie with dentures on the tassel, and walks backwards through the school hallways, and those are the normal things.

On the way home from 7-11 I got this ridiculous kick out of stepping onto the road at the exact moment that the light changed to walk. And I thought about how I'm a weirdo too. Not to the same extent, maybe. But I am SUCH a dork.

I realized, on that deeper extent as opposed to just regular, that whole thing about having to rely on what's inside.

Meaning, even if I wanted to be stylish, I'd always suck at fashion, looking good, and caring about normal things. Therefore, whoever I end up with, and all of my friends are going to have to depend on what's inside me, and accept my eccentricities, whether I like it or not. And if I'm so awful at it, no matter what, why bother?

That's all.


No comments: