Monday, April 11, 2011

Contest. Sort of.

I was bored. And the writing of random stories specifically for a blog post was actually rather fun. Also, they get more comments.

Yeah, yeah, I know. I wrote a post already today. But seriously, what else is there to do with my time? I write. And I make wands. That’s literally it. Well, okay, I watch a LOT of netflix too. A LOT. And it’s sad.

I guess the point is that you should be proud of me for spending my time in a creative manner, rather than melting my brain.

But here’s the thing. The stories are always better when I get elements of them from other people or places. Like the spider one I wrote. It stemmed from randomly reading wikipedia articles and coming across the picture of a jumping spider. Or the space one I just did. That was based on Simkins’s idea.

I can write stories on my own, but it makes me feel like less of a hermit when we come up with things together. So let’s make this interactive.

The first person to comment gets to pick a name and a few attributes for the main character.

The second person to comment gets to pick the genre.

The third person gets to choose a plot element which must be included somehow. (Such as a car crash, or a flying DeLorean, though obviously much more interesting and original.)
Any commenter after that can add whatever random details they so desire. Within reason. And they will be included at my discretion. Meaning that if the 4th comment happens three weeks later, obviously it’s not going to work out so well.

Ready. Set. CREATE.

2 comments:

Simkins said...

Torquemada Smith
A man with a brilliantly social mind. He speaks with a slight lisp and is rich. Super rich.

Simkins said...

So, the time period should be in a setting that I call Neo-Victorian. Everyone acts calls each other miss and mister, but they have modern conveniences such as cars and such.