Monday, April 4, 2011

Things that people seem to think I should be embarrassed about

This is my 100th post! Yay! Well, it is according to my dashboard, though my past posts listing is only at 97. Weird. *shrug*

So, before we get to the actual post, I would like to offer an exciting prize in commemoration. And by exciting I mean fun, but there will be no million dollar sweepstakes involved. I am sorry if this disappoints you.
The prize is as follows:

The first person to comment will be featured in my next post. You will have the option of choosing either

A) The topic of discussion, on which I must reveal my deep, dark secrets and opinions

or

B) A story featuring the commentee, in which they get to choose the genre and several elements that I must some how form into a coherent plot.

Either choice will be accompanied by original illustrations by me.

Qualifications:
  • Comment on the blog, not on the facebook link
  • It must be a real comment. None of this "First comment!" or "Pick me!" nonsense.
  • Your topic of choice cannot involve anything overtly inappropriate.
  • No, I will not divulge my social security number

Here follows today's post: A list of things that, for whatever reason, people seem to think that I should be embarrassed about.

  • Legitimately listening to Abba, Backstreet Boys, and some Disco
  • Making money off of Harry Potter wands http://www.etsy.com/shop/EmbershadeDragon?ref=si_shop
  • Lightsaber fighting with roommates
  • Sleeping on sailboat sheets
  • Owning several Dr. Seuss hats
  • Baby pictures - I was cute! Why should I hate them?
  • Dressing up for the HP premieres
  • Sock puppets
  • Veggie Tales
  • Old songs in general - Just because they aren't popular anymore doesn't mean that I have to stop liking what I like.
  • Videos of me doing weird things - Blackmail doesn't work on me. Sorry.
  • Legos
  • Owning a cloak
  • My lack of fashion sense
  • Getting really into books when I'm reading
  • Finding most makeup and all pedicures to be extraneous and unnecessary
  • Efalump - He's comfy to sleep with. Deal with it.
  • Girls camp pictures
  • Army men
  • Hot wheels
  • Toys in general
  • The label "nerd"
  • My interest in dangerous animals
  • The largeness of my fantasy-esque movie soundtrack list
  • Fraggle rock

Man, there are so many things that I've gotten the standard "I wouldn't tell people that" response to. And I just can't remember them right now. The sadness. But really, if I'm telling you, does it look like I'm embarrassed about it?

4 comments:

Simkins said...

Besides dressing up for Harry Potter, there is nothing on your list that seems to be too weird. I too enjoy songs of ABBA, and though I don't like the backstreet boys, I do have a weird affinity for the songs of the Spice Girls.

So, I choose a story involving me (mainly to see if you can do it) I would like it to be a space age thriller involving robots where people have mutant powers. And at least one person has to have the power of teleportation. The last thing, you have to make up a word that means "cool" in that time. good luck.

Mandy Phillips said...

I demand to be featured in your next post! I will bake you delicious cookies if you do...

Mandy Phillips said...

and I will happily exchange cake for your social security number.

Sra said...

Ooh, exciting. This should be fun. Anything could happen. A few days will tell.

Mandy, you have yourself a deal. You may become a side character in exchange for either cookies or cake.

As far as the SS number, you were outbid before you started. You'll have to up the stakes. Sorry.