Saturday, April 30, 2011

Supersize me vs. Fat Head

Oh my gosh, man.

Note: => This poster lies to you. Not even remotely funny. The guy's a deusch.

I just watched both "Fat Head" And "Supersize me".
For those who weren't aware, Fat Head is an intelligent and fact filled rebuttal of Supersize Me. It isn't trying to defend corporate CEO's or say that eating habits don't matter. Rather the opposite. But it just gives real data.

I decided to give both of them a fair trial, since I didn't want to only see half the story. But halfway through Supersize Me I got REALLY sick of the crap, and started writing down my random reactions. Here they are.

- 13.39$ ? For real? McDonald's is not an expensive place. What did you get, like 2 Big Mac combos and a shake? I wouldn't eat that much, and trust me, I can eat.- Uh, you puked because you ate a buttload of food, not because of what it was. Irrelevant to the experiment.
- Holy Crap, rude much? "What's the matter with you, Fat pig?" You can't be rude like that in a serious documentary.
- I know we all joke about that stuff, but a joke about punching your kid in the face for wanting fast food is not funny when it's in a supposedly very serious documentary.
- I like the fat-bottom girls song. I am sad that it was abused.
- No real info. Show me the numbers. I don't care about "my dad sold ice cream, and he died of heart attack". What's that gotta do with anything?
- 1 out of 4 is not the same number as 60%. Just FYI.
- I don't buy products from guys who act like deuschebags. The same rule applies to documentaries. Stop being a butt.
- You wanna be healthy? Get offa yo butt. Stop laying on the couch all day with your 44 oz coke.
- The son of the guy who invented Baskin Robbins is not a credible witness. What happened to doctors and nutritionists?
- One of your interviewees sounds like Adam West. Maybe he's really like that. I dunno. But it looks like a plant with bad acting skills.
- Random interviewed dude on the street when asked about the dangers of fast food "That's baloney. What he need to do is like hit 45 minutes on the treadmill, work out a little somethin', do some pushups" Amen brother. You just debunked half of this show, and for some reason he still put the clip in.
- "Artistic Genius" is not a valid title either. Not even if this was an art documentary, because art genius is subjective, but it ain't. It's a freakin heath and diet documentary. I don't care what Ron English, artistic genius says about anything.
- Your advertisement guru makes it sound like the watching of the commercials is what makes the kids fat. The parents have no control over their kid eating fast food, because the kid is so inundated. "It's not a fair fight". Uh... word to the wise. There's a little word all good parents know. "No".
- His health advisor kept saying, Dude! You're eating 5k calories a day. You don't need that much. Smaller meals, idiot. He kept not listening. And he's sitting there complaining about not feeling good, and gaining 10 pounds a week. Moron.
-I am not an idiot, and I don't need to be pandered to as such.
- The fact that the company who does the school lunches is the same that feeds a lot of prisons is completely irrelevant.
- Saying something in a derogatory voice doesn't make it any more factual.
- Texas has more "fat" cities in America than any other state because Texas is a freaking bigger state, genius. Only Alaska is bigger, and there aren't so many cities in Alaska.
- "Only one state requires mandatory Phys ed classes in k through 12, Illinois." That is not even close to a valid statement. Virginia requires k-10. It's like he's saying that anything less than k - 12 is the same as not requiring it at all. WTC?
- The entire conversation between him and his girlfriend about why he isn't vegan when she wants him to be is so irrelevant. I'm really getting sick of irrelevant crap in this movie.
-Also, the specifics of your bedroom life - Please NO! What the crap? Why? I DON'T wanna know. Jeez. No really, stop now! Ugh.
- We've just hit the third random montage of Ronald McDonald pics to anti-fat people songs. Irrelevant AND offensive. We've hit a new low.
- Wanting food that our bodies have naturally wanted for thousands of years (meat) is now an addiction?
- His certified health associates just "suddenly closed our doors" halfway through his experiment. Fishy?
-4th montage, but this one was of a dude getting stomach stapled. AGAIN! Not RELEVANT!
- 3 am, feeling way sick and short of breath, what do you do? Call a doctor? Nah. I think I'll get my tripod out and do a film segment.
- Montage #5. I am so done with these.
-The dude just shot footage of himself finishing off his meal, and there are still 2 apple pies and a sundae for his dessert. If I didn't know better, I'd say he was trying really hard to gain weight just to prove his point.
- Showing 12 failed phone calls to get a hold of a certain person from McDonald's corporate, and finally having her tell him that she doesn't have an answer... well, it's unfortunate and all, but what was the question?
- We don't need shots of you in your American flag speedo.
- It's over! Hallelujah. What a giant waste of my life.

There are many, many, many extremely valid points that Fat Head talks about which debunk the somewhat shoddy propaganda that Supersize Me is enforcing. There are too many to add here, but I'll give you an example or two.

Trying to say that people would actually eat healthy foods if they were offered at McDonalds. Um, yeah right. People go there for the fries. Even if Micky D's carried every veggie ever discovered, people would still go there.... for the fries.

Obesity itself didn't just "suddenly double". The scientific scale with which obesity is measured was suddenly changed, therefore moving a huge number of people into the obese range, that weren't there before.

There are loads of other examples, but he says them better than I do. Basically, go watch Fat Head. Seriously, I feel like it's a really good way to not only understand the myths that are flying around, but to legitimately make you aware of good eating. Do it.

1 comment:

milojohn5 said...

I used to have a roommate who was down on McDonald's, relentlessly, because of this movie. It bugged me. Now I wish I had actually watched it with him, since it is so obviously a bunch of crap.