Sunday, May 1, 2011

Things I Can't Handle

Politics. Hate them. I only vote because it is my responsibility as a citizen to do so. But I wish I didn't have to.

What I specifically can't handle today:

Osama is dead, and therefore Obama is a hero.

Uh, excuse me? What, did Obama fly over there himself and pull the freakin trigger? Hello. If it were up to Obama, there wouldn't have been soldiers over there in the first place. And therefore Osama would still be alive. And not even in hiding.

But I digress.

Don't get me wrong. This isn't an anti-Obama thing. This is an anti-giving-the-president-credit-for-things-that-are-years-in-the-making thing. Osama Bin Laden is finally dead because of years of tracking him down, figuring out his plans, and sending in covert ops. Obama didn't have anything to do with that. He was sitting at home in his fancy white house raking in a 1.5 million dollar income. (That's a real stat. Last year it was 5 mil.)

I'd have said the same thing if it were Bush. If he had been the president at the time of the assassination, people wouldn't have giving him the credit that they gave Obama, but that's a different story. Bush would not have been the one to fly over in a chopper and man the sniper rifle that took the guy out. So what would his presidency have had to do with anything?

Nada.

The same applies to Obama. Unless he was the one that pulled the trigger, I DON'T FREAKING CARE.



**Update

This just in: Apparently we can thank Chuck Norris, Jack Bauer, and the A-Team for the good news. Awesome. ;)

1 comment:

Dana said...

We can all thank Chuck Norris. I heard he spit the bullet that killed OBL.