Thursday, May 19, 2011

Unfulfilled Promises

Once upon a time I had one of my “contests” in which the commenters got to pick elements of a story, and I would write it for them.

Well, there only ended up being two comments, and they were by the same person. So I waited, and also re-linked the post to facebook, but after a while, still nothing. In the process of waiting, I got caught up in some other time consuming things. One of which was actually important, and not just the watching of entire seasons of cartoons on netflix. And so, the story never came to fruition.

I am here to announce that, even though only one person cared about my blog enough to actually play along with my silly games, I have finally remembered to start writing the story I promised. It will be forthcoming soon.

Granted, it will be a little harder, because not enough people commented to give me all the elements I wanted. But I’m creative and flexible. I don’t need you.

That’s a lie. I do. I admit that I crave blog stats like I crave chocolate. But I can scrape through the dry spells. I’m tough.

Anyway, The Mysterious Adventures of Torquemada Smith will soon grace my blog pages, and every one of you will wish that you had taken part in its awesomeness.

Okay, that’s probably not true either, but you can’t blame a person for wishful thinking.

2 comments:

Brianne said...

I have to admit that I was intrigued by your challenge, but as i was at work I was rather in the middle of a creative dry spell myself.
But in fact, I've been working on a collaborative story form project myself... hopefully I'll get it public soon.

Mandy Phillips said...

It feels good to be needed.