Saturday, May 28, 2011

When your roommate has the consumption...

One time, forever ago, I watched an episode of Touched By An Angel in which a little girl, who doesn't realize how good she has it, runs away from home and joins a group of homeless teens in the city streets.

There are a lot of things that happened, mostly involving the angels stopping said teens from doing things they'd really regret later. But one of the things was saving this boy's life by convincing him to go to the doctor. He had been coughing incessantly, and it was obviously tuberculosis.

Ever since then, one of the few diseases I've been legitimately afraid of getting is TB. It doesn't help that it's airborne, contagious, and potentially fatal if left untreated. If I'm gonna die of a disease, I really don't want it to be one where I spend my last hours literally hacking my lungs to pieces.

I've been spending the last day or so sucking down as much vitamin C as I can. Why? Because my roommate has something. I dunno what it is, but I'm kind of a hypochondriac when it comes to ceaseless coughing. As I've explained.

I'm not a germophobe about almost anything else. Like at all. So thank you, Touched By An Angel. Thank you for filling my life with fear and paranoia.

To be fair, I actually liked most of the episodes. It was a good show. But that one definitely scarred me.

Also, Della Reese is awesome. One of those cool random actresses that I just enjoy.

No comments: