Thursday, September 16, 2010

Do I have horcruxes? Well, about that...

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a man in period costume always look better once he sheds the jacket and cravat.

Just saying.

Exhibit A:




























Anyway, what I was really wondering, is what's the deal with Mr. Darcy? I mean, besides the obvious point of his being a main character in a famous romance story. I guess sometimes that's all it takes. They don't have to have any other redeeming qualities.

Mr. Thornton is another example. ^

I only think he's cool because Richard Armitage is cool.

But really, I do often wonder why so many girls are obsessed with him. My idea of the perfect romantic suitor is not Mr. Darcy. Sure, he's supposed to be handsome. That's a plus.

Some random person made this of many of the Darcys.













My favorite Darcy happens to be this one:



I know it's a more modern one, but still...





Anyway, he's not terrible. He does a lot of things for her after he falls in love with her. I guess I just have an absurdly high standard for dashing, romantic leads. But I suppose his many flaws are what make him more real.

Although now that I think about it, it may be a high standard, but it's kind of a strange one. To me, someone like Peeta (from Hunger Games) counts a whole lot more than Darcy does. Which is more than just a little weird.

Um, I don't really know what the point of this was. Except maybe to discuss lovely British men.

*shrug*

I adore Peeta. Just FYI. I'm still wigging out about Mockingjay.

I don't know why I do it. Reading a book series, loving it, emotionally investing myself to the point of insanity, freaking out about it, and then dying inside when it ends. Even when the endings are happy, and exactly how I wanted them to be, I just don't like them to be over. It's like losing a friend. A trusted companion. Part of my soul.

That's exactly it. My soul splits every time a great series finishes. I have horcruxes all over the place. Like I said, I don't know why I keep torturing myself this way. It's just such a great ride. It's like drugs. I can't get away.

Hahahaha. I just remembered one of my most favorite lines from the newest Pride and Prejudice. "It's most inconvenient, since I've sworn to loathe him for all eternity".

K. My movie's done. I should really go to sleep now. Well, I should have about 2 hours ago. But what's done is done, as they say.


No comments: